Wednesday, April 09, 2008

The best of times.


Greg's surprise 40th birthday party was a resounding success. It turns out he had an inkling... based on a colleague of his emailing him three days before the party to tell him "I'm sorry I can't make it to your party this weekend." Doh! Don't worry, I'll make him pay, this summer while we are all on vacation in Cape Cod. Somehow, someway...

The day started off with our good friends from grad school, Chad and Shilpa. They have moved on to bigger and better things but came back for the party, and, to get Greg out of the house, a matinee and dinner too. We arrived home promptly at 8:15 or so to find that everything had come together without a hitch, thanks to the efforts of Allison, Lisa, Mom and Dad Z., and the event planner, the excellent caterers, the bartenders and waitresses, and the pianist. I had quite a staff!

Juliette enjoying her own "cocktail"
Dancing girls:

There were some grown ups, too; here are Chad & Shilpa with Tara and Shannan:
The caterers:

The bartenders at the 'bar' and one of the waitresses:
The piano lounge. That purple pregnant baby belly on the right is Lisa! Too bad she couldn't enjoy one of the green apple martinis!


The bar:Sean and Madora (Cosette's BFF)
Mimi, Uncle Chuck, and Wayne:

The piano bar again:

Auntie Ally looked especially beautiful:

Greg needed help blowing out all those candles. Fortunately, he had a few eager volunteers!

For more pictures, see the website of my event planner. She made it a lot easier; but it was still a lot of work. I'm glad it is over!
Happy Birthday Greg!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tina, I just had the best time... I looked through all of your party pictures!! Everything looked so yummy!!!
Loved the pictures,,, Mrs. S

Lisa said...

What a FUN party that was! And so well run and organized!
And I do so love apple martinis.... oh well, next time! :)