Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The delicate fragrance of lilacs wafting through the air....

Mom brought the girls to meet me for lunch today. We bought chinese food from the carts and then sat and had a picnic on the lawn of the med school. They made a mess, but that was OK because it was such a beautiful, warm and sunny afternoon. Besides, seeing them just makes my whole day that much brighter.

They had picked me a bouquet of flowers, straight out of Nonna's back yard. I put them in a glass bottle next to my desk. I was sitting here working on my computer when I noticed the fragrant scent of the lilacs, and I just have to turn my head to see the beautiful bouquet. And that makes me think of my smiling and popsicle-stained girls and their laughter as they ran to catch the plastic shopping bag that had gotten swept away by the breeze... and I realize that I have a big grin on my face.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tina,
I can picture just where you all are now. It sounds like a beautiful day and the perfect lunchtime break for all of you!!