Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Throwing in the Towel

In my last post I discussed my weekend away. One thing I did not mention is how amazed I was at just how bad my memory is.

A weekend trip with 5 other friends who are scattered around the country naturally leads to hours of reminiscing. And I was constantly exclaiming "I don't remember that!" They would start filling in details and sometimes it would come back to me, and sometimes it wouldn't.

And, in related news... I've notice that a few of my favorite blogs are slowly deciding that blogging is no longer fun, and they are going to stop- maybe briefly, maybe forever. That makes me sad. Of course, if it is not rewarding they shouldn't continue; but I am sad that I can no longer 'hear' their stories, and I am sad that something they used to like no longer brings them enjoyment.

These two topics are related because this weekend inspired me to continue blogging. I need some way to reinforce my memory! The nice thing about blogging is that since it is a public journal it makes you be a little more careful about what you say. Ten years from now I want to be sure that I remember the good things and not the little picky irritations. I don't want to give the impression that life is all sunshine and roses, and I do complain sometimes, but the truth is that life is good. And I want to remember.

So I hope that you will be able to read my stories for many years to come. And I pledge to try to be better about posting more frequently. For my sake...

..also, maybe I'd better start working on improving my long term memory. Any one know of a magic pill for that?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep blogging.... we are reading! :)

Lisa said...

My memory sucks too....last night at the beach house Beth and Russ were reminiscing over all of these toys they played with, and shows they watched and things they did and Mom S finally looked at me and asked me what I did and I had a hard time thinking of stuff. Then again, it was almost a full hour past my bedtime and Aliza had spent the day crying more than usual so maybe I'll chalk it up to mommy brain.