This past Friday I had the great privilege- and fun- of attending an Indigo Girls concert with Allison. She found out about the show only recently, but found out that it was sold out. Not letting that deter her, she called the box office directly- only to be told that they had just released a few third row seat tickets. She snapped up two and then decided I would enjoy one of them. I did! Plus, I got to wear my new
converse sneakers. I think they may be the first pair of converse I have ever owned. While we were there we were reminiscing about the last time we saw the Indigo Girls- a concert I had forgotten about until then. It was not a good show, we left disappointed. Not so on Friday. I am a new fan of
Missy Higgens, who opened, and I thoroughly enjoyed the Girls themselves. However as they were singing one of their older songs-
Pendulum Swinger-
You see possibilities and your glistening
Eyes show the hell you're gonna give 'em
When they back off the mic for once and give it to a womanthese lyrics made me wonder... when they wrote those words, were they thinking of Sarah Palin? I wonder... what do you suppose they think. Is she not the right woman, or, is any woman better then a man?
Anyway, here was the perspective from my third row nearly-center seats... courtesy my camera phone which I haven't figured out how to zoom...

(That's Missy on the left, Amy and Emily)
2 comments:
Oh fun!
I saw them at Radio City Music hall a few years ago but my seats were not nearly as good as yours.
I keep hearing great things about Missy Higgins. I'm going to have to check her out on Itunes.
When I was in high school I got a pair of green converse sneakers that I loved - wore them all the time. When I went to college I left them at my Dad's house and eventually forgot about them.
A few summers ago, when cleaning out my closet at my Dad's, I decided I should donate them to goodwill.
It KILLS me now that they're back in style and I don't have my cool green pair to wear. I'm envious of yours!
Wow I totally missed this post! That is SO fun that you went to this concert, and such great seats!!!!!!
Post a Comment