Saturday, October 18, 2008

The dirtiest job.

I just did something so foul, so horrible… so disgusting and repugnant and distasteful that I'm not sure I even have the nerves to describe it.

I cleaned between the cushions of my couch.

You might think "That's not so bad."

But please take my word for it… it was bad. Very, very, bad.

Now it is gleaming and pristine, and we have two new rules in the Raising Mommy household.

  1. No eating on the couch.
  2. No more sippy cups, which get left laying around. They are mostly leak proof, but over a long enough period of time, they drip… drip… drip. The girls are old enough and they don't need them anymore. Juliette was not happy with this announcement, and promptly drew a picture of her sippy cup with the words "No." (For no, mommy.) And "Yes" (For yes, I want my sippy cup.).

After that task was completed, I emptied the litter boxes. Who thought getting cats was a good idea? How did I get litter box duty? While doing so I couldn't help but notice that one of the cats passed over the litter box in favor of leaving a big steaming pile of poop in the bathtub. I really enjoyed cleaning that.

Since I was on a roll, next I cleaned the inside of the recyclables-only garbage bin. I know I always rinse out my recyclables before throwing them in there, so it isn't my fault it gets nasty and moldy.

Now I'm taking a break. For my next task I think I'll tackle the… laundry. Nice clean laundry that needs to be folded. Yeah, it'll be a joy by comparison.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

ICK!!!

Becky said...

You need a third litter box. Then you will not have to clean as often and the cats will be happier about it.

Kelli said...

That's one of the reasons laundry has always been my favorite (if pressed to pick a favorite) chore. You get to deal with a nice, clean result and the washer and dryer does most of the work! Except ironing...I REALLY hate ironing.