Friday, October 03, 2008

PDA

The girls and I were at the JCC yesterday after school, intent on playing in their playscape. They have an after school program and there were quite a few kids there. Juliette got excited when she saw one boy from her class. "Hey! I know you!" she shouted.

"I know you!" He shouted right back. Then he turned to his older brother, "I know her! She is in my class!" To which the brother replied. "Yeah? What's her name?" Juliette's classmate looked befuddled.

At the same time Juliette turned to me and said "He is in my class! But... I don't know his name."

So the brother and I replied "Why don't you ask?" But in the next instant they shouted "Juliette!" "David!"

Then Juliette tried to lure David to the playscape with us, but I told her he had to stay where his mommy could find him. David informed us "Yeah, I just had to go to the bathroom but I'm done now." They reluctantly parted, and we made our way downstairs, leaving David behind. Juliette was excitedly chattering away "Mommy, he is in my school! I know him! That's David!"

"That's pretty cool, Juliette" was my response; and Cosette chimed in "That was sooo cool, that boy was in Juliette's class, that boy is David."

So I was thinking how nice it was that Juliette was beginning to know people, and feel more comfortable, and I was thinking how nice it was to have some time to relax and play with my girls, and how pleasant it was when we were all in such good happy moods. And then Juliette just made it even better by saying:"Mommy, I love you."

But before I could get too caught up in the love and joy, she continued: "You know, I can say that now, because there's no one else here to hear me."

1 comment:

Lisa said...

OH NO!!! That is starting WAY too early!!!
But I do love that my favorite Juliette is making friends! That IS cool!