Friday, January 30, 2009

What happens in Vegas…

    

If you are going to come to Vegas, this is the way to do it. All expense paid, top of the line everything…

Greg and I arrived yesterday for "Club", as it is called. Achievers Club 2009 was supposed to be in Nevus, until Hurricane O??? hit and the pool became a sandbath and the lobby a small forest grove. So instead of a tropical island, we are in sinful Las Vegas.

The flight was fine, thanks to the miracles of modern pharmacology (aka, Xanax). We landed and turned on our cell phones… and discovered that all hell broke loose back home while we were in the air; my girls are fine, thank goodness, but Lucy got hit by a car and attracted the police, animal control, half of our neighborhood… she is recovering just fine, though. A few other things happened, too, but this is a happy post, so I will not discuss them. But despite all the tension, I was quite calm. No worries on my part. Thank you Xanax!

And man, the perks that Greg gets as a top salesman last year. This is a no holds barred, all expense paid immersion in decadence. We have been hanging out at our luxurious hotel, enjoying the company of friends and colleagues, learning how to play Craps (winning $800!), and discovering caramel apple martinis.

Today Greg had a business meeting all morning, so I went to enjoy the spa. My 80 minute fusion massage was amazing. And cost $230!!! I didn't know that until after the fact. I guess that $800 is getting put to good use!

Tonight is the formal gala. I and a few of the other ladies are off to get our hair styled (there goes more of the $800!), and get ourselves all done up so that we can kick up our heels and forget all our problems for a few hours!


 

I

No comments: