I was ironing my new shirtdress yesterday so I looked at the tag to see what heat setting to use, when I read the following instruction:
Warm iron if needed
This made me wonder: Are there people who actually iron clothes unnecessarily? Do they think they MUST iron, because it says so in the label? Are these the same people who always Lather, Rinse and Repeat? Talk about an endless cycle.I remember being astonished, my first year in college, by the one girl who ironed her clothes every single day. I mean, it was college. No one ironed even if your clothes needed it. Sometimes I'd give my Nonnie my laundry, and she would iron everything: even the underwear. But that was just her way of showing her love, so that was cool. Nowadays, I'm an adult, so I often iron my clothes. But I have never, ever in my life, seen a perfectly un-wrinkled shirt and decided "Hmm, maybe I'll iron it anyway."

No comments:
Post a Comment