Last night, I was getting Juliette ready for bed, and trying to get her to sit on the potty. She seemed perfectly willing at first, but then decided she wanted to run around naked for a while before putting on a pull up. I explained that big girls who sit on the potty wear pull ups, and they wear underwear too; but if she didn't want to sit on the potty maybe she wasn't such a big girl- maybe she was still a baby who needed diapers. OK, maybe it wasn't a smart thing to say, but I was tired, and she didn't seem to be listening, so hopefully no harm was done.
Later, I was trying to get her to clean up some of her toys. I asked her to come put the dishes in the basket.
"I can't, mommy."
"Why not, Juliette?" I asked.
"Because," she explained, "I just a little baby."
2 comments:
Whip smart & sassy is a good way to describe Juliette I think! ;-) I hope this isn't a precursor to her teenage years...then she'll really turn everything around on you!
Clearly your daughter is smarter than you--or at least at that moment when your brain was so tired.... bet Dad loves knowing the result of all of our fancy education is that a 2 year old is smarter! :)
Post a Comment