Thursday, October 13, 2005

You're telling me.

I have a new mission: to get Juliette to eat more vegetables (Maureen, a co-worker of mine, just laughed when I told her this, said "she's 2!", and gave me a look like I was crazy). So, on Tuesday night, the vegetable du jour was peas. When Juliette saw them, she got very excited, and I was pleased, thinking that we were getting off to a good start. It turns out, however, that she didn't want to eat them: she started picking them up one by one and squishing them in between her fingers. I was juggling a fussy Cosette on one knee and trying to cut my pork chop at the same time, and I looked at Juliette and I told her to stop doing that with her peas. So, instead, she picked up a whole handful. As she made to squish them, I yelled "Juliette, don't play with your food!".

Her response? "Mommy, no yelling inside. Use your inside voice!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At least she's learned that lesson! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!