The Classic IQ Test
What's Your IQ?
Congratulations, Tina! Your IQ score is 136
This number is based on a scientific formula that compares how many questions you answered correctly on the Classic IQ Test relative to others. Your Intellectual Type is Visionary Philosopher. This means you are highly intelligent and have a powerful mix of skills and insight that can be applied in a variety of different ways. Like Plato, your exceptional math and verbal skills make you very adept at explaining things to others — and at anticipating and predicting patterns. Your mind's strengths allow you to think ahead of the game -- to imagine or anticipate what should happen next in just about any situation.
******************************************************
That last bit explains a lot- pair visionary philosopher with mother of two and what you get is a person who is constantly stressed and worried because, despite the relative calm and well being of her family, she is quite good at imagining how bad things could be.
Just when I am getting a little bit of a swelled head, I read this:
- Apparently, the IQ gives a good indication of the occupational group that a person will end up in, though not of course the specific occupation. In their book, Know Your Child’s IQ, Glen Wilson and Diana Grylls outline occupations typical of various IQ levels:
140: Top Civil Servants; Professors and Research Scientists - IQs of 64 of the Most Eminent US-Born Scientists: average = 152
- "For persons who went on to take a Ph.D. Wrenn found a median IQ of 141"
Then there is this: The IQ is, at best, a rough measure of academic intelligence. Ah ha! One would expect that all those years in school would pay off somehow.
Still, it was fun. Feeling competitive? Try it out yourself.
And by the way, the other quiz I took was this:
Would you rather:
- starve to death
- eat another person.
69% of respondants would rather starve to death then resort to cannibalism. I'm sorry, I like life. Unless it involved murder or eating my own children, I think I would cook up a thigh. How about you?
2 comments:
Hmmm, I will have to ask that glen Wilson what his iq is. He is one of my committee members at school - that should be an interesting conversation.
And you as well as I know that a value-added, standardized test is really no true measure or indicator of much of anything.
Fret not, what you (apparently?) lack in iq points with regard to your colleagues you make up with style.
~ness~
I was a 136 too, although I am a Facts Curator, like Bill Gates. I think that this just proves that IQ means nothing.
Post a Comment