I only bring this up because you asked... but Juliette is still not pooping on the potty.
Everything else potty wise is going quite well. In fact, Cosette has even sat on the potty a few times- nothing has happened, yet, but I decided just last night that Cosette will be trained much sooner then Juliette was- um,will- um, is. And you know that everything always goes according to my plan, right?
Seriously, Juliette is still afraid to poop in the potty. She is also afraid to poop naked. Taking these two pieces of data and carrying them to the logical conclusion, I have determined that the only way to break this cycle is to roll up the carpets and bite the magic poopy bullet, and make Juliette run around naked for a few days so that she is forced to poop on the potty. She likes to be naked, after all, and the only time she might complain about it is when she feels the urge, at which point I will know (a) not to put underwear on her and (b) not to move too far from the bathroom. Oh, and (c), not to let her stand on a rug or sit on the furniture and (b) to have some paper towels handy just in case.
Did I tell you what happens to the inside of a diaper after the urine dries? The urine forms pretty yellow crystals. Yep, sparkly yellow urine crystals. I know this because Lucy broke into Cosette's room one day last week when she was left alone for the day (Lucy was left alone, not Cosette). Lucy broke into Cosette's room, opened the closet door, dragged the diaper pail out, knocked it over in precisely the right way to release the latch, pulled the bag out, scattered all the soiled diapers all over Cosette's room, and tore those soiled diapers to shreds. So there were little yellow sparkly urine crystals all over Cosette's room. And poop. Poop does not make any thing pretty when it dries. It's just smelly and brown and gross.
Sounds like fun, doesn't it? I know some of you out there might be thinking that you never want to come visit me at my house, what with the poop everywhere. You might be right.
1 comment:
That's it, I'm not babysitting tonight! ;)
Post a Comment