I found this link on Kelli's blog, and I found it so revealing that I thought I'd steal it from her. You should check it out.
I've gone through a little evolution of my own lately. I've been trying to buy better fitting clothes, dress a little nicer, and spend a little time on my hair and make-up (and thanks to all of you who have complimented me on my new haircut). I've discovered that when I look good, then I also feel good. Plus, when I shop at nicer stores (albeit in the clearance sections because who really wants to pay $130 for a pair of pants that your toddler will very likely stain with syrup and paint and snot?) the clothes fit me better and are actually comfortable to wear.
Plus, no one lately has asked me if I'm pregnant- and it certainly is not because I've been working out or dieting. Alas, my Yoga and Pilates videos are covered with dust, because although I can find 15 minutes in the morning to blow dry my hair and put on some makeup, I havn't figured out when I can take an hour to work out. If it means losing sleep then I'm not interested. I am not giving up my saturday afternoon nap, and I am not going to get up an hour earlier- 6 am is already crazy early in my book. Sleep before fitness is my current motto. It is truly unfortunate that running around and cleaning up after the two girls doesn't burn more calories. We mommies would have it made, then.
***********************************************************************************
post script for my fellow bloggers: Some of you have notice that I have switched to blogger beta, and my comment about that is this: if you can, do it. It is much better.
1 comment:
OK, I started it but couldn't really deal at 8:30 at night...I have to do it again when I'm less brain dead....
:)
Visionary, huh? I'd believe that....
Post a Comment