Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Getting my priorities right.

We had one of those rare Sundays this past weekend... a day with no plans, no commitments, nothing required of us except to stay home and be together. Of course I had plenty of work to do, laundry to fold, and house to clean... but the girls were so happy to play with me that I decided to put it all off for another time and focus on fun time with the girls.

Juliette had the day all planned out. First, we would play soccer:

Then, we would sit at the art table and paint:
And finally, we would relax and watch some TV:
And that is exactly what we did. A few times I started to get frustrated, thinking about all the work I had to do; and that is when the monster in me came out.... the tickle monster, that is. However, a strange thing happened... the tickler became the ticklee, and I had two mini-monsters chasing after me, until they decided we all had to go get daddy. He was playing his stupid video game, but surrendered (briefly) when faced with such an overwhelming show of force. Shock and awe. And a good, good day.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm totally crying right now because these are the days I imagine in my future!
And the teacher in me is crying because Juliette has already learned a valuable lesson: that writers write with purpose and audience. God I love my niece!
What a fantastic day!

Anonymous said...

What a perfect day.Juliette & Cosette
certainly have their priorities straight.As a wise pediatrician used to say the dishes,dirty clothes & chores will be there waiting for you.Enjoy your time with your kids,before you know it you'll have all the time to clean your house.
My wish for you "many,many more of these important days."Life is good.
Mom