Saturday, May 17, 2008

Happy Birthday Aliza!

Aliza Maria
6 lbs 9 oz
5:51 am 5/17/08


I was not prepared. When the phone rang at 3:30 in the morning I thought something terrible had happened. I was completely surprised to hear my mom telling me that Lisa's water broke and she was at the hospital.

I threw on some clothes, grabbed a book, my iPod, and my camera, and rushed out to meet my mom, who was waiting in the driveway.

Lisa was sitting comfortably in the hospital bed, having just gotten hooked up to the monitors, her contractions having started only an hour earlier were still 5 minutes apart and manageably painful. Still, she announced her desire to get an epidural as soon as possible- having witnessed my labors, she had an idea of what she was in for.

A last belly shot:

Russ's parents were in Boston for the weekend, and they had been woken at their hotel and were packing up and getting ready to drive straight to the hospital; my dad was in Ohio for a business conference; and my brother was not answering his phone in Boston- probably sound asleep. So mom and I waited with Russ and Lisa- a small but excited crowd.

Two hours and 15 minutes later, Aliza was born.

That's what I said. Labor lasted all of four hours; no one else made it in time; and much to Lisa's initial panic she didn't have time for that longed for epidural. I bow down to the champ who gave birth the old fashioned, natural way, and made it look easy.

Happy New Family:

Proud Nonna:

Mom and Baby:

Proud Dad:

Proud Auntie!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

CONGRATULATIONS!

When I got up Saturday morning and saw I had a missed call from Beth at 6am I knew that could only mean one thing...

Anonymous said...

Tina,
What an exciting post!
Isn't life GRAND!!!!!

Lisa said...

OH MY GOD! I really DID it without an epidural!!!!
This post made me cry!!

Dianna said...

YEAH!! Welcome Baby Aliza and way to go Li! :)

Anonymous said...

they say,becoming a mom is the most
wondrous life experience.I say becoming a nonna, again, is the most amazing,emotional,loving experience a
woman can experience.All the grandmothers know what I mean.It is a very special club.Life is good.
I love you Aliza
nonna

Kim Tracy Prince said...

How did I miss this? Did you backdate this post? WOW. I'm so excited for you and also because MY sister is about to do the same thing!!!