Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Lets just say "smart" and "energetic".

Greg commented last night that Cosette is a spunky child and he is worried that we will have our hands full when she gets older. My response to that is... what do you mean, when she gets older? How about now?

For proof of her outgoing and spunky nature, I submit the following two stories:

First:
This past weekend we went to a Family Fun Day at which there was an assortment of large moon bounces. The girls walked past several of them and zoomed directly on the largest. It was a maze, two climbing 'walls', and several slides. The joined the line and when there turn came hopped in to the entry tunnel with excitement. Cosette started crawling through the maze, and Juliette turned around and insisted I get her out, NOW! Cosette went through on her own, unfazed by the other kids and rowdy boys who were all passing her as she expertly navigated the larger of the climbing walls. I was so proud! Juliette watched, and clung tightly to me, nervous for her sister. We waited at the exit and a few minutes later Cosette slid down and out, triumphant and ecstatic.
"Again, Mommy, Again!" she insisted... so we got back in line. Again, Cosette went in and Juliette made me lift her out.
On the fourth try, Juliette joined her, and when they emerged together, they were jumping up and down with huge smiles on their faces. We stayed at the moon bounce for another half an hour. Cosette was one of the smallest kids to brave the moon maze, but she didn't want to leave.

Second:
Juliette is suffering from a mild stomach bug. I say mild because in between bouts of diarrhea, she is fine. I almost sent her to school today, until Greg gave me a "are you insane?" look and commented "Honey, where do you want to be when you have diarrhea. At work, or at home in your own bathroom?" OK, point taken. So Juliette got to go to Nonna's house, whose bathroom is just as good as her own. Cosette was not happy about this. 45 seconds after we left she insisted "Uh Oh I have to go Potty, I have to go NOW!"

I was pretty sure it was all a ruse to get me to bring her back home, so although it was a gamble, I kept driving. She screamed the whole car ride to daycare, and when we got there and went to the bathroom... nothing. My gamble paid off. Her face was red and puffy from crying and she had tears streaming down her neck, and I sat with her a few minutes until her class came in from the playground. Then I turned her over to the teacher, who brought her to the door to wave bye to me as I drove away. Cosette's reaction? As soon as as I pulled up and waved to her, she deliberately pouted and turned her head away.

She refused to look at me; when I called out "I Love you!" she crossed her arms and turned her head the other way.

Her teacher laughed and said "And she is only three. I feel sorry for you ten years from now!"

I laughed, but inwardly I thought, "Me too, me too."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yey! You're back to blogging!

Lisa said...

I would say "sweet" and "nurturing" too! Especially after seeing her with Aliza!